Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Trial Run

This weekend I did a trial run with fully loaded pannier bags, putting in 135 miles in 2 days. I rode from Brooklyn to Warwick, NY to visit a friend and test out my gear setup.
View bike ride 7/8/12 in a larger map I will be getting rid of a few things- whatever is unnecessary- in order to keep the weight load as light as possible- you really feel it on the big uphill climbs! The route this weekend went through Harriman Park and Sterling Forest-- both contain small mountains, which mean lots and lots of steep riding- both up and down-- very slow, and very fast! My friend had a delicious home-made pizza waiting for me when I pulled in just as after dark, and a couple of incredible pies for dessert. Here are couple of photos taken after our huge pancake and bacon breakfast the next AM, of me and my loaded bike as I get ready to head back out on the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment