Thursday, July 26, 2012

Belfast, Warm Showers and the coast!

Yesterday, I made it to the coast of Maine! After heading out of West Forks, south on 201 and then East on 2 to Newport, I kept going east yesterday through Bangor and then South on 1A and then 1 to Belfast, where I stayed last night. I found out about this thing called Warm Showers, a bike touring network of people who will host you if you're on a trip. So, I was so lucky to stay with an extremely kind and generous couple who fed me and let me crash at their place for the night, with a nice, warm shower! They have goats and chickens and work in organic farming and shipbuilding- so very cool. After heading out this AM, I spent most of the day cruising though cute coastal towns like Camden, Rockport and Rockland, then went down a peninsula from Waldoboro to Pemaquid Point. I am in awe of the beautiful coast and the costal roads and towns. What a great trip in every area! More coastal riding tomorrow and Saturday, and a train back to NYC Sunday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment